Monday, August 22, 2005

Sonic Bust

Another thing to add to the list of Things I Can't Have Right Now, which already includes a snazzy Manhattan apartment and quality time with fawning Hollywood actresses, comes in the form of a deep-fried, double-whipped craving induced by Sonic Drive-In.

Between the new Island Fire burger, the intriguing "Ched 'R' Peppers" and the painfully yummy-looking desert thingies with bits of crunchy and chewy goodness mixed in, I want a Sonic drive-thru near my place, if not installed in the glove compartment of my Tiburon. If this happens, I'm holding out for the next Rachel McAdams delivering my food to me on roller-skates.

What's most maddening about the Sonic situation is that I see ads for their food all the time on television. It's kinda like the Sonic people are saying, "Ha ha... you might have culture, nightlife and worldly perspective in New York City, but we got fast food that will make you weep here in West Virginia!

To Whom It May Concern: Please, please, please bring Sonic to Westchester County. And bring Rachel McAdams with you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BANANA CREAM PIE SHAKES ROCK! I miss them already. And the Coney dogs are pretty good too. I say we take an office road trip to Sonic in Virginia. We could stop at the beach and get sunburnt while we're there!

Anonymous said...

P.S. - I am working on having a friend who lives near a Sonic drive up with an order. It might be cold when it gets (or in the case of the shake I so desperately want right now ... melted and warm), but I figure stale Sonic is better than no Sonic.