Thursday, December 21, 2006

Waiter, I didn't order the self-esteem cookie with my Beef with Hot Pepper and Peanuts

With 2007 rapidly approaching, I couldn't help but wonder what sort of future I'll face in the year to come. Will I be pretty? Will I be rich?

So forgive me for my vigor and subsequent disappointment when I cracked open the fortune cookie that came with Combo Meal No. 64.

:) You are gifted in many ways. :)

Uh, thanks. Evidently, this cookie is gently telling me that I have no future. So excuse me if I appear distant today; I'm on the look-out for falling anvils.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate fortunes that aren't really fortunes. I want to know my damn future! I got one once that said something like "You are beautiful and pleasant to be around." I was like, "Hey, first of all that's not a fortune, and second of all that's patently false."

Chris Serico said...

Ha. Tough crowd, those barely edible pastries.

Also, since my future tellings were reduced to present statements, I'm assuming that the numbers on the back of this slip of paper were lucky yesterday.

So if any of you want lucky numbers for Dec. 20, 2006, they're 19, 6, 43, 38, 27 and 44.