Monday, June 26, 2006

He Wanted It That Way

Thirty-three-year-old Kevin Richardson announced he was leaving the Backstreet Boys to "move on with the next chapter of my life."

I'm sure his new friends at the nursing home will welcome him with a few raucous rounds of bingo. (Get it? He's old! He's a Backstreet Senior Citizen! Is this thing on?)

Why don't they just converge with another '90s group needing a career resurgence to form Backstreet Boyz II Men?

Their opening act could be Another Bad Aaron Carter Creation... at the playground, you know? Play-grouuuuuund!

5 comments:

An Idealist said...

Yo, yo, yo... now let's slow down here a minute. Let's not lump in Boyz II Men with the Whackstreet Boys. On the one hand you've got great singing talent (Boyz II Men) and on the other you've got Ass (BS Boys)...

Anonymous said...

Wait.... hold up...

.... the Backstreet Boys were still together? I guess I missed that memo.

Anonymous said...

In response to 'juice'--
While Backstreet Boys as a group are pretty lame, I wouldn't deny that they are talented. And although I'm not personally a fan of them, I still have to say that putting them as an equivalent to "Ass" just seems unfair.

An Idealist said...

anonymous' point is noted... however, I remain unimpressed, thus I maintain my "Ass" equivalency... basically, find me five guys from almost any college a cappella group and I'll show you five guys as talented or more talented than the Crapstreet Boys.

Anonymous said...

Good point, juice. I think anyone could say that there are lots of people as talented as any Backstreet Boy, or even in that case, tons of people just as talented as some of the top 40 singers (Seriously, any girl from a credible college a cappella group could top Britney Spears... well, any girl who can slightly carry a tune could probably top her hah). To be honest though, I really haven't heard any of the Backstreet Boys on that much of an individual level, so I'm not really one to judge yet--I'll arrange a singing contest soon to settle this matter. Go Growlbacks!!!