Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Pressing the reset button

Four ridonkulous links about the original, eight-bit Nintendo Entertainment System:

Check out The 20 Worst NES Games of All Time.

When you're done laughing at NES' not-so-greatest hits, check out a site dedicated to the best football video game... ever and a page full of said football game's best bloopers (My buddy Andrew Brand and I can attest that it was notorious for its occasional gaffes). For the latter link, scroll down the page about one-third of the way down until you see the subheading called "THE PLAYS" and download some awesome vintage clips of actual gameplay.

And, perhaps the best for last, the mashing up two of my favorite things: old-school Nintendo and a cappella. You have to see this to believe it.

1 comments:

Casie Anne said...

All I have to say is, SUPER PITFALL WAS ONE OF MY FAVORITE FREAKIN' NES GAMES GROWING UP!!! I mean, come on!..You are this dude, right?...And you, like, fall through the underground and stuff. Just because I usually died like every second I played that game does not mean it deserves to be on that godforsaken list! And come on dude, the graphics were full of raw beauty and emotion in every bit. Quite the contrary, even if I had actually played it, I bet I would still agree that 'Bible Adventures' SHOULD be on that list, yo. And while I am at it, I am going to randomly let you know that Maniac Mansion deserves to be on a top 20 list of BEST nes games of all time. Okay, I'm done.