Monday, April 21, 2008

Yes, I'm a Libra. Can we make out now?

For whatever reason, single women are the only ones who talk about astrology to me. My favorite is when they pull the old routine, "Oh, you're a Libra. We'd never work."

No, we'd never work because you put so much emphasis on a glorified witches' cookbook.

I mean, I play along with astrology because it's harmless fun and I read the horoscopes on occasion, but come on, people. Who's putting any credence into this stuff? Especially when every single sign describes someone as "strong-willed yet vulnerable." Does anyone you know NOT fit that description to some degree?

If I just decided "Oh, you were born on a Wednesday, so that must mean you like breathing and fun and not being sad," how is that any different from any astrological profiles you read?

Maybe I'm just bitter because seemingly every Libra horoscope I read that sits between Virgo's promises of riches and Scorpio's assurances of lifelong love seems to be like, "Well, you at least have your health, no?"

Yes, Mom's been writing my horoscopes again.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Hee hee.

Hee hee hee.