Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Standing up (or in my case, slouching) for the theory of evolution

Say what you will about this CNN story, covering the Kansas Board of Education's return to teaching the theory of evolution. (Trust me, there's a lot to say.)

Despite the fact that the article mentions a retired biology teacher who criticized the board for "discrediting parents who reject materialism and the ethics and morals it fosters," the most disturbing part of it for me was realizing that the second-most-upright stick figure in the accompanying graphic best represents my posture.

As many of my friends will tell you, I still haven't quite evolved. (Or for those objecting to the Kansas School Board and its heathen supporters, I still haven't quite been Intelligently Designed.)

0 comments: