Friday, May 12, 2006

Beyond awesome

I'm going to be on vacation next week, so it'll likely be a small break from blogging. Miss me!

While I'm medicating my inevitable sunburn on Virginia Beach, Kid Beyond is going to be performing at 8 p.m. May 12 at New York City's Living Room. I highly recommend going to see his free-but-tips-encouraged 50-minute set that Tuesday night. I caught Kid cohosting the 2004 Harmony Sweepstakes a cappella competetion and he's one of the best live acts I've ever seen, a cappella or otherwise.

If you skip the technical jargon between the 3- and 4-minute marks, this video gives you an idea of his awesomeness:



Check out more info and clips on Kid's Web page and MySpace page, which launches an infectious reinterpretation of Portishead's "Wandering Star."

0 comments: