Wednesday, December 07, 2005

My new baby

I got a new cell phone.

I tired of people fawning over my new nephew, so I got this phone to overcompensate. (Kidding, Thomas!)

In reality, my old flip-phone broke to the extent that when it was open all the way and I'd try to talk to someone on the other end, I often couldn't hear anything in the receiver. The weird thing is I'd actually get some reception if the phone was open at about a 90-degree angle -- versus its normal mouthpiece-to-earpiece angle of 135 degrees -- which did little for comfort or performance.

This ridiculousness went on for about a month until Verizon allowed for a contract renewal and the purchase of a new phone for a discounted price. Yesterday, I opted for this puppy: the LG VX9800. Full keypad for text messages and other uses; a camera; AOL, MSN and Yahoo messenger built-in; legit ringtones; Bluetooth; et al.

"Noooo good?" you say? Well, I think it's hella tight. Warning: Immediate Sound.

0 comments: