Tuesday, March 13, 2007

When 'Fox 5 News at 10' turns 40, I have to ask Ernie Anastos if he likes 'Anchorman'

Turns out he does. I did not ask Anastos, however, for the translation of "San Diego." Ron Burgundy got into enough trouble when he tried.

For Remote Access and print editions of my newspaper, I had telephone interviews this afternoon with "Fox 5 News at 10" anchor Ernie Anastos; meteorologist Nick Gregory; and station vice president/general manager Lew Leone. The broadcast is celebrating its 40th anniversary this week. Here's a quick preview of the lighter fare that will be appearing on Remote Access:

• Leone joked that he would reveal where Anastos gets his nails done if it meant expanded coverage.
• Anastos likes "Anchorman," Gregory loves "The Simpsons"
• When I announced what time it was, all of them knew where their children were. And it wasn't even 10 p.m., yet.

Although more formal articles will appear in March 22 editions of our weekly newspapers, responses to some of my goofier questions will run on Remote Access this Wednesday for Leone; this Thursday for Anastos; and this Friday for Gregory.

0 comments: