Monday, December 04, 2006

Me 1, TMZ 0.

Within five days of becoming Suburbarazzi's newest celebrity blogger, I scooped famous gossip site TMZ by five minutes in reporting the DWI charge handed down against Rip Torn. And according to early Google News data, I'm probably the first newsie to report the story overall.

Winner: 3:40 p.m. EST.

Loser: 3:45 p.m. EST.

Note: TMZ has since updated that page several times, but both that site and I had similar information when the stories broke.

Hooray!

5 comments:

lanyard said...

Rip Torn was so good in Defending Your Life that I don't even care what he does in his off-time. No, you heard me.

I'm drunk, but I'll tell you when I've had enough.

Chris Serico said...

(Afraid to say anything.)

Anonymous said...

Funny story, I was getting hammered with Rip Torn last night...uh oh, POS (Policeman over shoulder), finish this later.

(Word verro: zztet. There's some kind of hilarious French ZZ Top joke in there that I can't think of. Ball's in your court, Serico.)

lanyard said...

I find that Tet comment offensive.

Chris Serico said...

I was more offended by the "ball's" in my court.