Monday, December 18, 2006

I told you so!

Just yesterday, I warned you about the potential impact of Larry King's quotes posing as those of a genuine movie critic in movie commercials.

Well, tonight, my prophecy came true.

Refresher: I complained after seeing an ad for "The Good Shepherd" that King's words are not only meaningless (because he likes everything and isn't an actual critic), but also manipulative, because his raves butter up potential guests for his show.

His CNN guests tonight? None other than Angelina Jolie, Robert De Niro and Matt Damon. The three stars of "The Good Shepherd."

Now's the time to assure you that, when I wrote the previous rant about King's quotes, I had no idea those three guests would be on his show. Scout's honor.

Sometimes, I hate it when I'm right. (But not often.)

0 comments: