Tuesday, February 13, 2007

What my final two bars would be if VH1's 'The (White) Rapper Show' forced contestants to diss host MC Serch

You oughta know your place
Before you talk smack, son
Why stop at 3rd Bass
When you can hit a home run?

Suckas!


Three thoughts on the addictive show:

1. $hamrock is all but guaranteed the hundred G's at this point. Jus Rhyme is too goody-goody and no one seems to like John Brown, who's just good enough to spare himself from elimination week after week.

2. Although one could make the argument that he sounds too much like Eminem, I'm still upset Dasit was eliminated in the first round. I still think he was the best of the 10 and had every right to be upset when MC Serch got loud with him. Which leads me to my last point...

3. MC Serch is a nice enough guy, but he seems awfully cocky for a One Hit Wonder. He slams Vanilla Ice repeatedly, but Ice might have had more mainstream hits than 3rd Bass. And when Serch shouts "STEP OFF!" to eliminated contestants, I can't help but wonder if the Beastie Boys used the same line on him. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the third paragraph of the Career section of this Wikipedia entry).

2 comments:

Chim Richalds said...

If we started measuring the quality of artists by the number of mainstream hits they've had, then obviously, judging by Sunday night, James Blunt and the Dixie Chicks are geniuses.

3rd Bass are probably the reason I got into music that's a little off the beaten path. I'm not saying they were brilliant or anything, just that it's a little sad that Serch is hosting a reality show and has resorted to mentioning the still-wealthy Vanilla Ice on said show when he's recorded reels of better stuff.

Chris Serico said...

Good points all around.

My issues with Serch aren't comparable to, say, Paula Abdul criticizing someone for being off-key. But I just think Serch could be more positive in his approach. He seems really bitter at times.