Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Sorority wannabes shocked -- SHOCKED -- that looks matter to shallow people

I'm not saying what happened here is right -- it's not -- but it's not national news that some young women are not welcome in certain sorority chapters because they don't fit a certain look. Yet CNN and ABC News are all over the story as if this were a recent or unusual trend. Did we learn nothing from all those '80s and '90s teen movies, people?

That's like my complaining that I was picked dead last in gym classes because people thought I looked like a poor athlete at the time. (I mean, I was, but that's besides the point.) The key difference: I didn't demand an apology from those people, and if I did, it wouldn't mean much in the end.

This just in: Lots of people are mean and superficial.

0 comments: