Monday, September 18, 2006

Rediscover the magic that is Weird Al Yankovic

Raised on "Even Worse" and "Off The Deep End," I've always had a reverence for Weird Al Yankovic. After all, how can you not give props to a guy who proved to be Frank Drebin's nemesis in "The Naked Gun" trilogy and who introduced us to Kramer before he was Kramer? ("My mop!")

Anyway, after those two albums -- and perhaps because I was no longer an adolescent -- I never felt like Al quite nailed any of his subsequent song parodies. That is, until today, when Best Week Ever's blog introduced me to "White And Nerdy," a brilliant parody of Chamillionaire's "Ridin'."

Because Al is so good at mimicing the style of the original artist, his rap skills on "W&N" are actually pretty impressive. So if you happen to miss a few words, check out all the ha-has in the lyrics.

To celebrate this career resurgence, I suggest listening to "Polka Your Eyes Out." Especially if your name is Conor Mulcahy.

1 comments:

K said...

That song is amazing, and so is Mr. Weird.

If you doubt my seriousness...