Saturday, November 18, 2006

Evidently, it's not enough for me to want shows to succeed if I don't bother to watch them.

Call me a lazy American -- at least when it comes to trying new network TV shows. I prefer to root for some TV shows, rather than actually taking the time to watch them.

I really wanted "Arrested Development" to succeed. But I never watched a single episode, despite the fact that friends and family are convinced I'll be hooked on the DVDs.

I liked the premiere episode of "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip," but haven't watched it since.

I've always laughed at the comedy stylings of Tina Fey, Alec Baldwin, Tracy Morgan and Rachel Dratch. But I've yet to catch "30 Rock." I mean, the guy who brought us Astronaut Jones alone should be enough incentive for me to watch, no?

And yet all of these shows are struggling to retain viewers on a weekly basis. Especially "Arrested Development," which is, um, not on TV anymore.

Maybe all of this has to do with the karmic implications of my rooting so hard against "Dancing With The Stars."

1 comments:

K said...

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT IS MY GOD. It's better than all the shows you mentioned by about 1,000 metric tons...OF LAUGHTER (though it did get a little crazy/meanspirited toward the end). Don't let habit and/or laziness prevent you from watching it and then lamenting its untimely passing. I must say, though, I do understand this phenomenon of "What a good show...I bet. Or whatever."